The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing new innovative ways on increasing brand value and drive these through the business with communications and promotions internally and externally.
- Monitoring and updating inventory forecast to ensure sufficient product availability to meet promotion demand.
- Monitoring, measuring and controlling stock status to avoid slow moving and write-off stock, over use of demonstration and promotion goods.
- Driving new product introduction within the market.
- Developing and implementing marketing, brand and promotion plans to grow market share and achieve targets through devising and implementation of comprehensive marketing plans across all media, channel and communication platforms.
- Coordinating, liaising and managing all marketing activities.
- Price Management in order to maintain good margins and competitive positioning in the market place.
- Obtaining and communicating competitive customer information into the business.
- Managing the advertising and promotional budget expenditure and ensuring it is in line with business plan.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Must have Bachelor of Arts or Commerce or Science or Marketing or IMM Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the FMCG / Retail industry is essential as well as within a marketing and product / category management position.
- Must be able to communicate with sales force, distributors, Merchandising, Advertising Agency, Retail Audit and support functions.
- The ability to develop relationships with customers.
- Must be able to implement pricing and product positioning strategy in markets where HCD products are applied.
- Project Management skills are required for timeous execution of new product launches, programs and activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary package is negotiable based on experience gained. Other benefits include Provident Fund + Car Allowance + Medical Aid etc.