Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY!
Purpose of the job:
As a chemical engineer, you will be involved in the design and development of a diverse range of products. Your work will focus on changing the chemical, biochemical and physical state of a substance.
You'll need to understand how to alter raw materials into required products, while taking into consideration health and safety and cost issues.
- Working closely with process chemists and control engineers to ensure the process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility
- Understands chemical processing and engineering concepts
- Can perform heat and mass balances
- Designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved, taking environmental and economic aspects into account
- Setting up scale-up and scale-down processes including appropriate changes to equipment design and configuration
- Assessing options for plant expansion or reconfiguration by developing and testing process simulation models
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production plants, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting
- Optimizing production by analyzing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies
- Applying new technologies
- Researching new products from trial through to commercialization and improving product lines
- Ensuring that potential safety issues related to the project operator, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages.
Qualifications and experience:
- Chemical Engineering Degree
- Completed Professional Development programme (PDP)
- 5-8 years minimum as a Chemical Engineer in manufacturing
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.