Type of Business:
Manufacturing / Agricultural
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN TO CITIZENS FROM ANY AFRICAN COUNTRY ONLY!
Purpose of the job:
Develop, document, and implement the necessary technology to improve the immediate and long term competitiveness of the company’s phosphoric acid and chemical processes. Provide technical support and consulting to the business unit, manufacturing plants and technical organization
- Develop workable process solutions to meet the requirements of the business (e.g. increased capacity, new product development, reduced costs, improved quality, improve process safety, improve environmental impact). As a rule, the Principal Process Engineer will use a structured project management approach in his/her role as a process developer.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing plants, including conceptualization of capital projects, troubleshooting, training, management of process changes (MOC) and implementation of the specified solutions. In this role, the Principal Process Engineer will validate MOC projects as needed, and either lead or take an active part in post-start-up reviews and assessments. As a rule, a structured project management approach will be used.
- Document the technology associated with the manufacture of company products: ensure that the practical and theoretical knowledge on which equipment sizing, critical variables set points, process deviation decision charts and training manuals are updated and documented. Process Books are one component of this knowledge base
- Provide technical input to the business, manufacturing, R&D, and marketing organizations in support of process improvement efforts, R&D programs, capital plans, and business plans. Consolidate company intelligence on competitor technology
- Maintain safe and environmentally sound operation of units through periodic safety meetings, encourage reporting of all incidents, investigation and corrective actions proposal for all incidents, as well as ensuring that no major environmental incidents occur via proper inspections.
- Must be able to perform heat and mass balances and other process engineer duties.
- Be able to design and implement process engineering studies, pilot test and plant trials.
- Personal skills which allow the person to interact effectively with marketing, sales, R&D, engineering, suppliers, and customers
- Personal skills which allow the person to be an effective consultant to the business unit, manufacturing operations, and technical organizations
- Good working knowledge of analytical techniques, product applications, process control, and financial analysis
- Strong chemical and process background which enables the person to lead, develop, and improve the technology efforts for the business
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Chemical Engineering
- Must have 4 years plant experience in phosphoric acid plant engineering, commissioning or operations.
- 8 years of experience as a Chemical Process Engineer
Applicants please note that a specific consultant is dealing with this vacancy. To apply for this position please submit your CV through to email@example.com along with all your supporting documents, such a payslip and any certificates. You can also visit our website (www.execz.co.za) for more information on this vacancy and related others.