The purpose of this role is design, building code and implementation as specified within the project plan and accordance with the defined business needs.
Technical analysis & design
- Ability to understand and interpret requirements and technical specifications;
- Ability to produce technical specifications of small-medium complexity programs;
- Ability to produce database designs;
- Ability to provide technical estimates to work.
Support and development
- Create and amend programs in accordance with the design, agreed development standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered solution;
- Maintain documentation and project files with respect to progress, problems, needed changes, etc., and provide regular reports on such to the Team\ Project leader and/or Systems;
- Review technical deliverables and manage quality in order to ensure that what has been built meets user expectation;
- Provide daily technical, functional and operation support for the existing software applications.
- Construct, interpret and execute system and program test plans to verify correct operation of completed systems;
- Plan, design and conduct test of program; correcting errors and re-test to achieve an error free result.
Skills and Competency
- Is a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, and takes high ownership of work assigned
- Must be able to provide guidance and support to junior developers to ensure that project deliverables are met in the required quality standards, time and budget estimations;
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to work from test scripts as well as the ability to complete independent, non-script based testing;
- Good communications skills (verbal and written)
- Experience using different development methodologies by the organisation;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks, maintains good rapport within the team, provides strong contribution and feedback to/ from the team lead;
- Contributes towards improving development/ support process. Focus on evaluating and analyzing flaws/ discrepancies in system, and ability to implement efficient, high-quality solutions;
- Work well with others as part of a team.
Education & Qualification
- BSc(Computer Science or Information Systems)/ BCom(Information Systems)/A National Diploma in IT/and or equivalent qualification;
- Microsoft Certified Systems Developer (MCSD) would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years development experience;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using C#;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using ASP.NET;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using WPF;
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience using Microsoft SQL Server;
- Azure, Xamarin, SQLite, Windows Store App & Windows Phone development would be an advantage;
- Has acquired a broad understanding of IS concepts and practical, in particular those used within own organisation concerning the systems development life cycle;
- Design and analysis skills (includes database design);
- Experience using SharePoint, Visual Studio or Telerik will be an advantage