Provide direction to achieve strategic or operational goals through collaboration and driving delivery and integration of related projects to achieve stakeholder requirements and meet organisational objectives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed relevant undergrad degree/diploma
- Project management certification
- Track record of delivery of projects
- SME in relevant function / field
- 7-10 years' project management experience
- Preferred: SME in relevant function/field
Skills & Competencies:
- Functional Competency: Programme and Project Management
- Technical: Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies (to be developed)
- Cognitive Competency: Strategic Thinking
- Intrapersonal Competency: Drive and Results Orientation
- Communication Competency: Presentation and Facilitation Skills
- Leading/Managing Competency: Planning & Organising
- Functional Competency: Organisational Awareness
- Leading/Managing Competency: Developing People
- Interpersonal Competency: Building Strategic Relationships / Networking
- Communication Competency: Verbal and Written Communication
- Leading / Managing Competency: Vision Creation and Motivation
- Cognitive Competency: Problem Solving
- Intrapersonal Competency: Assertiveness
- Communication Competency: Influencing and impact
- Technical: Knowledge of SDLC (to be developed)
- Communication Competency: Conflict Management
- Technical Skill: Operational Risk Management
- Intrapersonal Competency: Resilience and Stress Management
- Technical Competency: Computer literacy for Project Management (to be developed)
- Technical: Business Process Knowledge
- Intrapersonal Competency: Time and Self Management
- Interpersonal Competency: Engaging Diversity
- Functional Competency: Commercial and Financial Acumen
- Functional Competency: Anticipating and Managing Change
MINIMUM ROLE OUTPUTS
Responsibilities will include:
- Process: Manage and monitor team efforts to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of an identified set of related projects grouped as a programme.
- Process: Design integrated programme plans, identify resources for execution purposes, implement, identify risks and apply associated project management principles.
- Process: Prioritise and allocate work and manage related processes to achieve predefined objectives within quality standards.
- Process: Accumulate information to provide an aggregated overview of multiple projects progress to be used for decision-making purposes.
- Process: Ensure timeous communication on progress and challenges in achieving tactical delivery plans to impacted stakeholders.
- Process: Identify and analyse issues in project delivery systems, resolve conflicts and implement solutions in support of tactical and operational goal achievement.
- Process: Develop and advise on appropriate change strategies in alignment with project requirements that support overall business strategy.
- Customer: Build and maintain relationships with clients and stakeholders that promote cross delivery practice solutions.
- Customer: Engage with key internal stakeholders to identify changing client needs.
- Customer: Ensure customer satisfaction with regard to the quality of project support provided by a team being managed.
- Customer: Provide regular reports on delivery of projects against agreed service level agreements and in terms of overall business objectives.
- Customer: Continuously monitor actual project progress and resolve issues speedily to enhance effective client service delivery.
- Finance: Draw up a budget in alignment with programme delivery plans, monitor effectiveness, report on variances and provide solution recommendations.
- Governance: Implement and use governance & compliance procedures & processes effectively to identify and manage risks and expose previously unknown liabilities.
- People: Continuously develop own expertise in terms of industry and subject matter development and application thereof in an area of specialisation.
- People: Implement people resource planning in line with delivery and performance objectives, on budget and in partnership with specialised areas.
- People: During performance assessment: provide feedback, instruction & development guidance to help others excel in their current or future responsibilities.
- People: Demonstrate exemplary leadership behaviour, through personal involvement, commitment and dedication in support of organisational values.
- People: Recommend and positively influence, direct and implement changes to optimise organisational processes, systems, policies and procedures.