We are looking for an user-experience (UX) developer who is able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes. The developer will also be expected to design the overall look and feel of the product, and to ensure a great user experience.
· Translate concepts into user flows/ wireframes/ mock-ups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
· Facilitate the product managers vision, by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for various products within the AdaptIT suite.
· Conduct competitive analysis on products that operate in the same space.
· Design and deliver wireframes, or user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
· Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
· Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
· Coordinate with team on UI issues like navigation, user journeys, etc.
· Creates logical and innovative solutions to complex requirements. Understanding of working as part of a project team.
· Create and amend programs in accordance with the design, agreed development standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered solution.
· Maintain detailed documentation and project files with respect to progress, problems, needed changes, etc., and provide regular reports on such to the Team\ Project leader and/or Systems.
· Review technical deliverables and manage quality in order to ensure that what has been built meets user expectation.
· Ensure ongoing technical and application support that will comply with the established level of service and support for existing systems to the line organisation users.
· Provide daily technical, functional and operation support for the existing software applications.
· Ability to work with product managers and clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the product needs and vision.
· Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
· Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
· Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
· A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
· Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
· Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
· Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
· Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
· Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
Skills and Competency
· Is a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, and takes high ownership of work assigned
· Must be able to provide guidance and support to junior/intermediate developers to ensure that project deliverables are met in the required quality standards, time and budget estimations;
· Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail;
· Ability to work under pressure;
· Ability to follow and abide by all information, security, and ISO policies and practices;
· Ability to work from test scripts as well as the ability to complete independent, non-script based testing;
· Good communications skills (verbal and written)
· Experience using the Agile development framework and any different development methodologies by the organisation;
· Shows evidence of analytical ability and appreciates the importance of commercial constraints;
· Takes ownership of assigned tasks, maintains good rapport within the team, provides strong contribution and feedback to/ from the team lead;
· Artistic eye for design;
· Ability to think creatively;
· Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills;
· Excellent IT and programming skills;
· Excellent organisational and time management skills;
· An understanding of the latest trends and their role in a commercial environment;
· Self-development skills to keep up to date with fast-changing trends;
· Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
· BSc(Computer Science or Information Systems)/ BCom(Information Systems)/A National Diploma in IT/and or equivalent qualification;
· A minimum of 5 years development and UX design experience;
· Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
· XAML and Xamarin Forms experience.
· Has acquired a broad understanding of IS concepts and practical, those used within own organisation concerning the systems development life cycle;
· Experience with VSTS source control management;
· Design and analysis skills;
· Experience using SharePoint, Visual Studio or Telerik.
· Experience using C#.
· Experience using WPF (using also MVVM).
· Experience using Microsoft SQL Server.
· Experience in WCF.
· Experience in Azure, Xamarin Forms, SQLite, Windows Store App & Windows Phone development.
· N-tier architecture application development.
· .Net Core and .Net Web services development.