The role is responsible for researching, designing, building and implementing application software solutions and system choices to meet the clients change requirements and business needs. Deliver quick and well-defined solutions.
Technical analysis & design
- Ability to analyze, designs and produce functional and/or technical system specifications to modify existing systems and develop new systems, based on the work in progress list of priorities;
- Ability to understand and interpret requirements and technical specifications;
- Ability to produce technical specifications of small-medium complexity programs;
- Ability to produce database designs;
- Investigates change requests for technical implications thoroughly when received from clients;
- Ability to provide technical estimates to work;
- Ensures solutions meet the quality technical assurance standards in accordance to company requirements.
Support and development
- Create and amend programs in accordance with the design, agreed development standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered solution;
- Maintain documentation and project files with respect to progress, problems, needed changes, etc., and provide regular reports on such to the Team\ Project leader and/or Systems;
- Review technical deliverables and manage quality to ensure that what has been built meets user expectation;
- Provide daily technical, functional and operation support for the existing software applications.
- Construct, interpret and execute system and program test plans to verify correct operation of completed systems;
- Plan, design and conduct test of program; correcting errors and re-test to achieve an error free result.
- Percentage of functional and/or technical designs delivered
- Percentage of functional and/or technical solutions/services delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills and abilities;
- Proficient relationship building skills;
- Ability to deliver in terms of Key Performance Indicators;
- Extensive knowledge of the IT environment;
- Proficient technical understanding of IT applications;
- Design capability;
- Quality Orientated;
- Sound theoretical and practical understanding of Application and technical Development and design principles;
- Proficient in planning and organizing;
- Effective time management;
- Is a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, and takes high ownership of work assigned
- Must be able to provide guidance and support to junior developers to ensure that project deliverables are met in the required quality standards, time and budget estimations;
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail;
- Ability to work from test scripts as well as the ability to complete independent, non-script based testing;
- Experience using different development methodologies;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks, maintains good rapport within the team, and provides strong contribution and feedback to / from the team lead;
- Contributes towards improving development/ support process. Focus on evaluating and analyzing flaws/ discrepancies in system, and ability to implement efficient, high-quality solutions;
- Work well with others as part of a team.
- Delivery of quality application systems for the organization and its customers.
Education & Qualification
- BSc (Computer Science or Information Systems)/ BCom (Information Systems)/A National Diploma in IT/and or equivalent qualification;
- Oracle Application Express (APEX) Certification would be an advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years software development experience mainly in the Oracle development stack;
- Design and analysis skills (includes database design); • Understanding of system functionality at enterprise system level; • Manufacturing and financial ERP systems experience will be an advantage; • Must have 2-3 years’ experience using Oracle Application Express (APEX) 3.1 or later; • Must have 2-3 years’ experience using Oracle PL\SQL; • Must have exposure using Oracle Forms, Reports, Discoverer 10g or later; • Must have exposure using any of the following HTML, CSS and Java scripting; • Must have exposure using Microsoft Office Suite and Applications (Excel, Access DB) 2010 or later;
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server, SharePoint 2010 (or later), ASP.net, C#, WPF will be an advantage;
- Experience using any of the BI Reporting tools QlikView / Cognos/ OBIEE will be an advantage.
NON-TECHNICAL • An investigative mind and a confident, energetic personality; • Problem resolution skills; • Analytical thinking; • Quality Orientated; • The ability to work under pressure; • Take ownership and develop preventative measures to outages experienced/ incident resolution;
- Must be detail oriented; • Ability to interact with business users and help formulate solutions; • Proven Team and project delivery experience within high pressure timed constrained projects; • Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and suggest solutions;
- Good communications skills (verbal and written) i.e. ability to communicate affectively; • Contribution to team success.