1) Coordinate monthly SHE Forums at by programming the forums and drawing up minutes.
2) Coordinate the weekly ‘Talk Topic’ programme.
3) Record and coordinate the issue of Personal Protective Equipment and maintain all recording relating to the supply of Personal protective equipment to all employees on the operation.
4) Progress issues arising from the SHE Forums by liaising with the Plant Managers.
5) Maintain SHE records by collecting data, managing documentation related to the SHE Management Programme and updating documentation related to the SHE Management Programme.
6) Maintain monthly SHE statistics by collecting data from the operation and forwarding such data to A. Rienekel for inclusion in Group statistics.
7) Carry out accident and incident investigations by visiting the site of the incident and interviewing all interested and affected parties and complete accident investigation documentation.
8) Process all COID documentation to consultants and ensure the loop is closed on all incidents.
9) Carry out weekly SHE audits of the operation to maintain the standards required by SARMA, ASPASA and Legislation.
10) Coordinate the companies Wellness Programme to ensure all employees are on site fit for duty and continue to remain fit for duty by booking and programming entry, exit and periodical medical screening and completing all relevant documentation.
11) Draw up legal documentation as required by the Mine Health and Safety Act, Environmental Acts and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
12) Assist Manager and employees to draw up Codes of Practice (COPS) and review all COPS at least annually.
13) Give Advice to Plant Managers on SHE issues as required.
15) Assist Managers and employees to carry out Issue Based Risk Assessments, (at least a minimum of two Risk Assessments to be carried out daily.
16) Attend ASPASA and SARMA forums to ensure that the company is represented at all levels within the industry bodies.
17) Attend other operations when the various industries bodies SHE audits are taking place and assist the managers with the audits.
18) Assist Plant Mangers to ensure all vehicle pre use inspections are carried out according to routine procedures.
WG Wearne is one of South Africa's oldest suppliers of materials to the building and construction industry. Established in 1910 as a construction concern by its founder William George Wearne, the company was initially involved in the sand and stone business in the small town of Carletonville, near Johannesburg, and the ready-mix division was established in the early 1970's. Since then, the company has grown into what is now known as The Wearne Group of Companies, supplying the construction industry with a complete building material solution.
Historically operating in the northern areas of the country, the Group now has operations not only in Gauteng and Limpopo, but also in KwaZulu-Natal and the Free State. What was once a small family business is today a JSE AltX-listed company operating in some of the major metropolitan areas.
Our products and services include aggregates, ready mix concrete, precast concrete, premix as well as mobile crushing and screening services.
Wearne's goal is to be one of the leading concrete products and aggregate suppliers in South Africa. It strives to achieve this by providing a professional service and a complete range of products to the building industry, establishing Wearne as the preferred supplier in all the areas in which it operates.