Role Description – Mechanical Designer
The Mechanical Designer will report to the Technical Manager and function as an Engineering team member. The Mechanical Designer will be part of the engineering department of Fives ECL.
The Mechanical Designer will be required to understand and implement international and local standards, design mechanical and related systems primarily on machines used in the aluminium smelter industry, develop CAD drawings and associated strength calculations.
He / she will also support the manufacturing department with necessary bill of material, develop scope of works. He / she will provide related guidance and support for the quality department. He / she will be in charge of the interface between the Fives Head Office Engineering department and Fives ECL Services departments.
System SAP / AS400
- Managing the BOM’s (Bill of Materials). Modifying, upgrading the BOM, fluent with SAP B1 and SAP R3 utilisation.
- Creating ECL code items and attach relevant information into the SAP B1 system, respecting the architecture, rules and standards code of Fives ECL.
- Extracting information from SAP for other ECL Services departments, when required to work according to BOM specification.
- Gathering technical data from AS400.
- Finding where parts number used into BOM.
- Be fluent with Autodesk AutoCAD and Inventor software. (Using help desk, internet tools when requires assistance on CAD)
- Understanding, modifying and generating 2D drawings for construction.
- Understanding, modifying and generating 3D models for use with analyses and reviews.
- From general arrangement drawings or hand sketches, make detailed drawings.
- Display all relevant & useful information on drawings, work with drawing layers.
- Able to apply the most efficient methodology to produce complex drafting.
Calculation / design.
- Load calculation for simple mechanical assemblies.
- Generating files and documentation package to certify mechanical assemblies.
- Skilled in mechanical tolerances, types of material used for construction.
- Liaise with workshop during the fabrication process.
- By contact with the client and others, understand the client’s requests.
- Regular site visits, for mechanical system analysis. Provide valuable inputs for repairs, improvements and new designs.
- In relation with Fives ECL France head office, be proactive with advanced mechanical solutions to support the client request.
- Making engineering scope of work and process to workshop and suppliers.
- Ensure all HSE requirements are adhered to in line with Roles and Responsibilities.
- Comply with the OHS Act (83 of 1995) / employee section.
- Comply with the ECL Golden rules, and the Fives Directives and Guidelines.
- Standardisation of documentation according HSEQ policy.
- Improvement of production system.
- Develop CAD drafting standards.
- Respect all aspects of CAD project documentation.
Managing Director, Management team, Technical manager, Purchasing department, Production department and QA/AC person.
Internal / External Impacts
Education & Qualifications
Management of all aspects of recruitment and selection is top of our list of what we offer our Clients, with a data base of over 1.7 million candidate’s, we have the edge on obtaining the best candidates to fit your company’s needs.
Sapphire have a Three Tier Interview procedure in which we firstly do a telephonic interview, followed by a face to face Competency Interview, in this interview there are various tests that need to be completed by the candidate and in the third interview (also a face-to face interview) we do a “Cultural Fit” interview.
These three steps are all performed prior to forwarding only the “best of the best” candidates C.V’s (minimum of three) to our clients to either interview or shortlist at their discretion.
We can, at our Clients request, offer a full Background Screening of all potential candidates, which include the following:
Credit Bureau Verifications ID Validation Directorship Register Residence and work permit verification Drivers License Public Drivers Permit Previous Accident history CCMA Award SAFPS Fraud Listing PSIRA Verification Employment references Institution Accreditation Qualification Verifications