• Responsible for purchasing of raw materials, products and supplies (and follow up) for Frigoglass SA under the direct supervision of the Procurement Supervisor.
• This includes calculation of material landed cost, managing supplier change and purchasing reports.
• Be the link between Supply Chain and Finance.
• Purchase raw material as per MRP requirements/production requirements and quality specifications.
• Follow up on outstanding orders.
• Negotiating pricing and volumes, source materials and evaluate and select suppliers.
• Handle any rejects to be returned to suppliers and ensure timeous credit of replacement
• Ensure that obsolete redundant materials are run out before the replacement materials are put in place.
• Submitting the GRN pack to finance for payment as per procedure
• Liaison with finance department regarding GRN’s.
• Reacting to any changes in production/customer demand
• Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers while seeking new ones
• Contribute to a team spirit culture, affecting the day to day business, in order to keep up high pace and high productivity.
• Exercise the values of the company on a day to day basis, in order to perform & develop the requested skills and competencies.
• Min Grade 12 (matric) certificate
• Diploma – preferably in Supply Chain (CIPS)
• Minimum 4-5 years in related positions (preferably in a manufacturing company)
• Warehousing experience – stock movement
• Proficient in the English language both spoken and written.
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
• Good coordinating skills.
• Procedural knowledge.
• Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
• Must be experienced in advanced Excel
Salary: 13000 p/m + Benefits
How to apply
Applicants that are interested in applying for the advertised position must apply by faxing their Curriculum Vitae (CV) to Fax :0867504884 apply online.: ASAP
If you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.